We know the legal terrain

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. child custody
  4.  » Can children still thrive after divorce? 

Can children still thrive after divorce? 

On Behalf of | Jan 27, 2022 | child custody

During both marriage and divorce, parents will have the best interests of their child at the top of their priority list. In practical terms though, it is not always easy to implement measures that are actually in the best interests of the child. Sometimes, couples opt to stay together for the children. Even with sincere intentions, this is not always the best option. 

Divorce is often mistakingly viewed as a sign of failure, giving up, and an unstable route for children. While the process is not easy, it can also be a fresh start for everyone. Children can indeed thrive in a nuclear family, but this is not the only family dynamic in which they can succeed. 

Stability is possible after divorce

Children tend to appreciate routine and stability. While divorce may bring a fundamental change in the living situation of both parents, there are other aspects of a child’s life that can remain constant. Children don’t necessarily need to move schools or change friend groups. They can also keep up the same hobbies and attend the same after-school classes. 

Your time is a precious gift

Throughout an unhappy marriage, you may have been constantly distracted and simply not been able to spend as much time with your child as desired. A lot of your energy may have been focused on saving the relationship or bringing it to a conclusion. Once the dust has settled after a divorce, parents often find themselves reimbursed with more time and energy that they can direct toward the children.  

Divorce is challenging for children but they can absolutely thrive in the new family dynamic. Parents can be amicable and offer sufficient support that matches the needs of their children. By exploring your legal rights as a spouse in Florida, you have a better chance of reaching a divorce settlement that is favorable and crafting a workable parenting agreement with your ex-spouse.